Dear valued customers and friends. The issue that SDPPI will increase testing and certificate price has been circling around for the past few years. And finally, it is answered last September 19th, 2023, with the issuance of new regulation called PP Nomor 43 Tahun 2023, or Goverment Regulation Number 43 of the Year 2023. This regulation specifically regulates the “Types and Rates of Non-Tax State Revenues Applicable to the Ministry of Communication and Information”. The biggest impact from this regulation is the change of certificate and RF testing price.
For the record, this new regulation will start to be effective in 60 days from its issuance date. This means that PP Nomor 43 Tahun 2023 will come into force in November 18th, 2023. After this regulation is active, all payment to SDPPI related to the certificate, and RF test payment to BBPPT, will use the new pricing. Here is the detail information about this regulation, you may download the Indonesian version in this link.
What’s New from PP Nomor 43 Tahun 2023?
If we take a closer look on the new PP Nomor 43 Tahun 2023, we will find many new pricing scheme applied in the Ministry of Communication and Information, including SDPPI because SDPPI is a Directorate General under MOCI. However, some prices that will have significant impact to our business are the RF testing price and Certificate price. Specifically for RF testing, the price is mostly increasing [you can check it in page 50 – 58 of this document]. And also, please be noted that this new RF testing price is only applicable if we do testing in BBPPT or SDPPI Lab. But if we do testing in other availabel RF Testing Lab, the price will be different.
On the other hand, certificate price is rather various. Some certification schemes have increased nominal of certificate price, while some other schemes have decreasing price. Besides, SDPPI also distinguishes certificate price based on kinds of the product, HKT [Handphone, Handheld Computer, and Tablet] and Non-HKT. Below is the detailed infromation about it:
- Certification price using local test reports (RF, EMC, Electrical Safety, SAR) obtained by doing local test in Indonesian laboratories, increases around 71% from the previous price.
- Certification price using full paperwork method for non-HKT products, with all reports used are issued by overseas laboratories which are recognized by SDPPI, increases by 20%.
- Certification price for partial paperwork method for non-HKT products with some reports are issued by local lab and some other reports are issued by overseas laboratories which are recognized by SDPPI, decreases by 20%.
- Certification price for full paperwork method for HKT products with all test reports are from overseas SDPPI’s recognized lab, increases by 60%.
- Certification price for partial paperwork method for HKT products with some reports are from local lab and some other reports are from overseas SDPPI’s recognized lab, is the same as the previous price.
- For transfer ownership, or certificate revision [revising LR’s company name or address], now SDPPI doesn’t charge it anymore. However, we will still charge it for our service and notary fee. FYI, notarized document is required in the case of certificate ownership is being transferred to another companys so we need to charge notary fee.
In the explanation above, we only mention the price increase in percentage and didn’t mention the nominal. But if you want to check the nominal, new certification price can be found in page 48 – 50 of this document. And, SDPPI also distinguishes certificate price for paperwork application based on “whether the overseas lab is under MRA or not”. But, because currently Indonesia has no MRA with any countries, we can just disregard the certificate price for paperwork application using MRA-overseas Lab test report. All paperwork prices we presented above are based on Non-MRA-overseas Lab.
Impact of the New PP to Ongoing Applications and to Dimulti’s Price List in Overall
With the issuance of this new regulation, of course it brings significant impact to our price list. Currently we are updating our price list. Certainly it will be more interesting and satisfying for all parties. If you want to get it, feel free to contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , or to our contact points that are already in contact with you. And if you’re wondering about the quotation of our ongoing projects, feel free to drop an email too.
That’s all we need to infrom, should you have any questions, do let us know.