Dear Valued Customer and Friends,
Good day! Hope this announcement finds you well.
We’re writing here to inform you that recently SDPPI issued another new regulation as replacement of previous Ministry of Communication and Informatics regulation number 18 Year or 2014 about Telecommunication Tools and Equipment Certification, which brings several changes to current certification process. This regulation is “Ministry of Communication and Informatics Regulation Number 16th Year 2018” that regulates about Operational Provision of Telecommunication Tools and Equipment Certification.
After review, we conclude that the new regulation talks mainly about the general provision of SDPPI certification (previously already enclosed in regulation number 18 Year or 2014 about Telecommunication Tools and Equipment Certification). There are only few changes that we think could affect on current certification process, and there are several other additional articles concerning about surveillance, sanction, and Integration to National Single Window. But, in this announcement we’re going to concern on some points that bring changes on current certification process. These are:
1. Certification of same products that are originated from different countries
It’s not something new in current certification practice actually, and SDPPI has applied this rule even before this new regulation is issued. But, in the previous certification regulation, the rule about Certification of same products that are originated from different countries is not clearly stated. And in this newly issued regulation, article 5 (page 6 of the regulation), clearly states:
Telecommunication tools and / or equipment that have same brand, model/type but originating from different countries must meet the technical requirements and proven by different certificatesBy this rule, it means that same products with same equipment name, same brand name, same model name, and same specification, that come from difference country origins, each Country Origin needs to have its own certificate.
2. Certificate Revision or Change
In regard of certificate revision, article 13 (page 10 of the regulation) states that certificate revision is possible under certain circumstances, as stated below.
The Certificate Holder must submit Certificate revision application when occurs:
A. Change of certificate holder name;
B. Change Certificate holder address; and / or
C. Certificates ownership transfer to other parties.
3. New Labeling Requirements
Speaking about labeling requirements, there are 4 articles that specifically talk about label.
A. Article 15 (page 11th of the regulation): The obligation of attaching label, QR Code, and Warning Sign.
1) Certificate holder must attach label and QR Code (that’s shown on the certificate) on every certified Telecommunication Tool and/or Equipment before they’re traded and/or used.
2) Certificate holder must attach warning sign on their Telecommunication tools and/or devices except for short range devices.
B. Article 16 (page 11th of the regulation): Label and QR Code
1) The label as referred to in Article 15 paragraph (1) should be made in accordance with the format as contained in Attachment II, which is an integral part of this Ministerial Regulation.
Below is the label format and example based on the attachment II of the regulation:
2) The label as referred to in paragraph (1) should be attached to each Telecommunication Tool and / or Equipment that has obtained a certificate either physically or digitally.
3) In the case that it is not possible to attach the label on Telecommunication Tools and/or Equipment, the Label can be attached on the packaging of certified Telecommunication Equipment and/or Equipment.
4) The QR Code should be attached to each on the packaging of certified Telecommunication Tools and/or Devices.
For your reference, below is the location of QR Code on the certificate.
C. Article 17 (page 12th of the regulation) : Warning Sign
1) Warning signs as referred to in Article 15 paragraph (2) is:
i. Warning sign is in form of a statement that everyone is prohibited to make changes into the Telecommunication Tools and/or Devices which can cause electromagnetic interference to the surrounding environment; and
ii. Warning sign should be affixed to each packaging of certified Telecommunication Tools and/or Devices.
2) The format of the warning sign should be made in accordance with the format as contained in Attachment III which is an integral part of this Ministerial Regulation.
Below is the warning sign format based on the attachment III of the regulation:
D. Article 18 (page 12th of the regulation) : Label and QR Code Report
The Certificate Holder must report the application of Labeling, QR Code and warning signs within 30 (thirty) working days after certificate issuance by uploading photos of Telecommunication Tools and / or Devices that have been affixed by Labels, QR Code, and warning sign.
Those are all the changes that for sure, can affect current certification process. If there’s any other changes found in the future, we’re going to update it again. And for your reference, below is the copy of new Ministry of Communication and Informatics Regulation Number 16th Year 2018 about Operational Provision of Telecommunication Tools and Equipment Certification.
That’s all we need to announce. If you have some other questions about this new regulation, please be free to let us know.