Basic of sample requirements on Indonesia SDPPI Approval Certification are explained in Communication and Informatics Ministry Regulation Number 18 2014 about Telecommunication Equipment Certification. This is about how many samples are needed, which is explained below.
- For Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), the samples needed are two units.
- For Network and Access Equipment (Non-CPE), we need one unit of sample to proceed.
For the technical requirements, it depends on the test Lab policies. Here we enclose the common sample requirements applied in SDPPI Lab (Balai Besar Pengujian Perangkat Telekomunikasi):
- Sample should be in form of end product, not in form of module or PCB board. For example, if we are going to certify printer product, samples needs to be in form of printer, not the PCB Board or RF module only. But, in the case where the certification target is module product, samples can be in form of module.
- In addition to point number one, we can provide PCB Board/module samples, as long as we enclose 2 end products or casings. The aim of providing end product and casings is to make SDPPI Lab know the real form of end product.
- For WLAN 2.4 and 5 GHz, Bluetooth, RFID 923 – 925 MHz, DECT, Low Power above 600 MHz (including Low Power 2.4 GHz ), VHF/UHF, etc. samples need to be conducted with RF (SMA Male/female attached on the device).
- In Bluetooth, WLAN 2.4 and 5 GHz, DECT, RFID, and others, testing will be conducted in conducted mode by using spectrum analyzer and Test software (could be pre-installed software in the samples, or software that we need to run on laptop). The aim of using this test software is to make us able to measure each channel of the device.
- Specifically for Bluetooth, SDPPI Lab doesn’t use TESTCOM/BT Test Software anymore. So, it’s important to provide test software.
- For Low Power (Tx. Power less than 10 mW) products, samples required are:
- Two radiated (normal) samples when the operating frequency below 600 MHz.
- Samples should be one conducted and and one radiated if the product is wireless microphone.
- Samples needs to be two conducted samples for Low Power above 600 MHz and Low Power 2.4 GHz.
- If supporting test equipment such as laptop, dongle, PCB Board, SPI Interface, etc. is needed for the test, 1 supporting test equipment can only be used for 3 applications.
- Samples need to be labelled. This label needs to mention equipment name, model name, brand name, and serial number.
Those are sample requirements on Indonesia SDPPI Approval Certification. However, this requirement can be changed anytime following current policies issued by SDPPI Lab. For further information about samples requirements, you can contact our contact windows directly.