Wednesday, January 8th 2020, through its official announcement SDPPI released the draft of Directorate General Regulation that concerns on Technical Requirements of Telecommunication Device that is Connected to Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN). This regulation draft is released for public consultation before it is officially applied.
After getting applied, this regulation will cover all devices that are connected to Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN). It is stated further on the draft that there will be 4 device categories that will be subject of this new regulation. These categories are:
- Analog Telephone Devices; terminal devices that are connected to the public telephone network (Public Switched Network) through analog telephone lines and are used for reciprocal voice communication;
- Fax device; A machine for sending and receiving news and pictures via telephoto or radio communication with a photography receiver system;
- Private Automatic Branch Exchange Device; A switching system on a subscriber’s end that operates with PSTN and can connect voice signals (voice), data, images or other information signals;
- Other devices; basically all terminal devices that are connected to the PSTN via a public fixed telephone network with cable that is circuit activated
With the application of this regulation in the future, it will revoke the existing:
- KEPDIRJEN POSTEL NO 004 / DIRJEN / 1999 concerning about the Stipulation of Technical Requirements of Analog PABX / STLO Devices;
- KEPDIRJEN POSTEL NO 006 / DIRJEN / 1999, KEPDIRJEN POSTEL NO 86 / DIRJEN / 1999 concerning about Technical Requirements for General Cordless Telephone Equipment;
- KEPDIRJEN POSTEL NO 255 / DIRJEN / 2002 concerning about Technical Requirements for Telephone Talk Data (PDPT);
- PERDIRJEN NO 277 / DIRJEN / 2010 concerning about Technical Requirements for Telecommunications Key Telephone System (KTS) TEquipment;
- PERDIRJEN POSTEL NO 250 / DIRJEN / 2005 concerning about Subscriber Analog Interface Device that is connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN),
That’s all we need to inform. If you want to participate to this public consultation, you can send your comment to SDPPI officer’s email address in; [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] There is no submission deadline mentioned, but sending email as soon as possible is much more preferable.
Should you have any concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact our contact windows.