Dear Friends and Valued Customers,
We hope this announcement finds you well.
On January 19th 2018, SDPPI issued a press announcement to reveal a new WLAN regulation draft as well as opening a public consultation about this draft. The public consultation was opened later at that day to gain people’s feedback toward SDPPI’s plan to update WLAN regulation, and it’s already closed on January 29th 2018. Regarding to this new WLAN regulation draft, there are several points to note.
As we know, so far the technical standards of WLAN technology refers to PERMEN KOMINFO Number 28 2015. And in order to be complied to world’s technology advancement of Wireless Technology, SDPPI intends to update this current regulation with several points of upgrades. These points are;
- Adding several new radio frequency bands of WLAN. So, the allowable WLAN frequency bands will be:
- 2400 – 2483.5 MHz;
- 5150 – 5250 MHz;
- 5250 – 5350 MHz;
- 5470 – 5725 MHz; and / or
- 5725 – 5825 MHz.
- Wireless local area network devices can operate on:
- Single band (single mode) for the radio frequency band that mentioned on point 1, or
- multi band (multi mode) on the following frequency ranges:
- Radio frequency band 2400 – 2483.5 MHz and 5725 – 5825 MHz; or
- Radio frequency bands 5150 – 5250 MHz, 5250 – 5350 MHz, and / or 5470 – 5 725MHz.
- Wireless local area network devices in form of Base Station / Access Point can operate indoor and / or outdoor with the following conditions:
- Devices operating on the radio frequency band 2400 – 2 483.5 and / or 5725 – 5825 MHz radio frequency band can be used for both indoor and outdoor; and
- Devices operating at radio frequency band 5150 – 5250 MHz, 5250 – 5350 MHz, and / or 5470 – 5725 MHz can only be used for indoor.
- Base Stations / Access Points used for indoor as referred in Article 6 and Article 7 (translated into points A and B below) of attached regulation draft should have fixed and built in antenna.
- Article 6: Base Station / Access Point as referred to in Article 5 operating on radio frequency band 2 400 – 2 483.5 and / or radio frequency band 5 725 – 5 825 MHz can be used for indoor or outdoor use.
- Article 7: The Base Station / Access Point as referred to in Article 5 operating at radio band 5 150 – 5 250 MHz, 5 250-5 5 350 MHz, and / or 5 470 – 5 725 MHz can only be used for indoor use.
- Wireless Local Area Network Telecommunication Equipment as mentioned in the to in Article 1 of attached regulation draft (translated into point A below) should not be equipped with the Country Region option;
- Article 1:
- Any Wireless Local Area Network Telecommunication Devices that were manufactured, assembled, importer for trading and / or using in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia should meet technical requirements as mentined in Attachment I which is an integral part of thi
- s Ministerial regulation.The assessment of the obligations of each Wireless Local Area Network Telecommunication Equipment and Equipment in meeting the technical requirements as referred to in paragraph (1) shall be implemented through certification in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- Article 1:
- SDPPI also considers to add provision of testing methods, as a guideline for the Test House in testing the wireless local area network devices.
And below is the new WLAN regulation draft.
However, this regulation draft is under discussion and consideration process and still not be applied yet. Soon as this regulation applied, we’ll certainly let you know through another blog post.
Finally, that’s all we need to inform. We hope that this information could be beneficial for you especially for being a reference in preparing your market access plan. And if you have any question about it, please be free to put our contact windows on a call.