There some conditions where paperwork application is allowed. These conditions are:
- The first condition’s called Self Declaration of Conformity (SDoC). It’s applicable for 3 kinds of product: handheld computer, tablet, and mobile phone. As long as these product has RF and EMC test report from one of these accredited Lab, they can apply by using SDoC.
- For second renewal. Based on regulation, in second renewal we need to restart the application from the beginning by doing testing. But, SDPPI makes policy where second renewal can be conducted by doing paperwork application.
- For the device that has been certified before. For example, company A has made an SDPPI certificate for product “1”. Then, company “B” wants to make SDPPI certificate for the same product “1”. In this case, company “B” can do paperwork application by referring to the existing certificate hold by company “A”.
- For renewing expired certificate. Based on regulation, in renewing expired certificate we need to restart the application from the beginning by doing testing. But, SDPPI makes policy where second renewal can be conducted by doing documents evaluation.
- For the device with certified modules. If all RF modules inside a certain device have been certified by SDPPI previously, then the end product can apply by using paperwork application.
Note: This paperwork application by referring to existing modular certificate is not applicable for handheld computer, tablet, and mobile phone.
- Temporary documents evaluation. Sometimes when SDPPI Lab is overcapacity, they will open temporary paperwork that will be available for all devices. But, this is just temporary and not available along the years.
Except the conditions above, paperwork application is not applicable.