Dear Valued Customer and Friends,
Tuesday, July 28th 2020. SDPPI issued an official announcement concerning about the extension of paperwork acceptance for both HKT and non-HKT products (for those who don’t know, HKT stands for mobile phone, handheld computer, and tablet).
Along with this announcement, SDPPI also issued their official regulation release called Decree of the Director General of Resources and Equipment of Post and Information Technology number 124 Year 2020. This regulation is concerning about recognition of foreign Test laboratories in the context of Telecommunication Equipment and/or tools certification. From this new regulation, there are few points to consider.
FIRST: SDPPI determined some foreign testing laboratories for:
- A. Cellular Telephone Telecommunications Devices (mobile phone), Handheld Computers, and Tablet, as listed in the Appendix, which is an integral part of this Directorate General Decree, and
- B. Non-Cellular Telephone Telecommunications Devices (mobile phone), Handheld Computers, and Tablet, as listed in the Appendix, which is an integral part of this Directorate General Decree.
as recognized testing laboratories for telecommunication tool and/or device certification based on applied regulation.
SECOND: Recognition of the foreign testing laboratories as referred in the FIRST Dictum is valid within 6 months started from the enforcement date of this decree.
THIRD: For the purpose of telecommunication device and /or tools certification, mentioned foreign testing laboratories are mandatory to:
- A. Do testing based on applied technical requirements of telecommunication tools and/or device in Indonesia;
- B. Enclose resume of page reference on the report that is related to technical reference in Indonesia that becomes the reference of testing.
FOURTH: Foreign testing laboratories as referred in first dictum are mandatory to report to Directorate General of Resource and Post and Informatics (SDPPI) if there is any change on:
- A. Laboratory name
- B. Laboratory address
- C. Legal status, business, organization, or accreditation, and/or
- D. Other matters that can influence telecommunication tool and/or device testing activity based on technical requirements applied in Indonesia.
Later in the announcement, it’s mentioned that the information must be sent via email to email@example.com.
FIFTH: Report on the name and address change of foreign laboratories as mentioned on fourth dictum point a and b will be recorded in international laboratories database of SDPPI, and will still be recognized for the purpose of telecommunication device and/or tools certification.
SIXTH: Report as mentioned on fourth dictum point c and d will be evaluated by SDPPI.
SEVENTH: Foreign testing laboratories recognition can be withdrawn before its expiration date as mentioned on the second dictum, in the case of:
A. Its accreditation status as testing lab which is declared by:
- a. Accreditation body member of Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation – Mutual Recognition Agreement (APAC-MRA) and/or International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation-Mutual Recognition Agreement (ILAC-MRA); and/or
- b. International body or regulator from another country
Is withdrawn and declared invalid, and:
B. Based on evaluation result, test report issued by the international lab does not comply with applied technical requirements in Republic of Indonesia.
EIGHT: This Directorate General Decree is started to be valid by July 22nd 2020
If this regulation is started to be valid by July 22nd 2020, and based on Second dictum it's valid within 6 months, so the expiry date of this regulation is January 22nd 2021.
For your reference, below is the copy of Decree of the Director General of Resources and Equipment of Post and Information Technology number 124 Year 2020 taken from SDPPI official release. From this document, you can refer to page 6 – 7 of the document to get the list of Recognized Foreign Testing Lab for HKT products, and page 8 – 12 for the list of Recognized Foreign Testing Lab for Non-HKT products.
That’s all we need to announce, should you have any inquiry regarding this, just feel free to contact our contact windows.